Two new coronavirus infections have been confirmed in Soite’s area — the group of authorities gave a recommendation on gatherings in the Kruunupyy area
Two new coronavirus infections have been confirmed in Soite’s area. At least one of the infections is connected to the earlier chain of infections in Kruunupyy, but when it comes to the other infection, investigations are still underway.
The COVID-19 regional group of authorities for Central Ostrobothnia had a meeting on Wednesday the 18th of November 2020 and was of the opinion that the deviating COVID-19 situation in Kruunupyy calls for special measures in Soite. The Soite area is as a whole still on base level when it comes to the coronavirus, but the municipality of Kruunupyy is in the acceleration stage. The incidence of the coronavirus is 172/100 000 citizens in the Kruunupyy area.
The group of authorities gave a strong recommendation for Kruunupyy:
Gatherings of over 10 adults should be avoided in the Kruunupyy area. The recommendation also applies to gatherings in the family circle. The strong recommendation is in effect until the 30th of November 2020.
Otherwise, the recommendations that have been given earlier still apply in Soite, i.e.:
- A broader recommendation on the use of face masks is in effect in Soite’s area.
- Working remotely is recommended when possible.
- When it comes to gatherings, the recommendation from the Regional State Administrative Agencies for the region is followed: gatherings of over 50 persons only if social distancing and hand hygiene is maintained. An exception is the Kruunupyy area where the above mentioned recommendation applies.
The group of regional authorities consists of representatives of Soite, the Regional State Administrative Agencies, The Finnish institute for health and welfare THL and the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment.
Stop the coronavirus from spreading:
- Wash your hands
- Cough into your sleeve or into a disposable handkerchief
- Keep a distance to other people
- Use a mask
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and seek out coronavirus testing early and even if you only have mild symptoms
- Install and use the Koronavilkku coronavirus app